Tuesday 23 April 2013

Black Hill walk, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire.

 At this time of year, especially after such a long cold winter, it is all the more delightful to feel the tender caress of the soft sun on your skin. Enjoying the gentle warmth of this spring day I walked from Black Hill, northward along the ridge path on the western side of the hill.

Looking north along ridge

Looking south towards British Camp

Panoramic shot looking north
Catkins
 White clouds slowly slipped across the pale blue sky. Birds sang and as I stood in awe I watched a majestic kestrel hover in the sky above me.
Catkins illuminated by sunlight
Willow herb flames
Bluebell plants
 As I neared Gardiners Quarry I turned round and took a lower path through the dappled shade of the wood. Catkins like halos seemed to somehow become illuminated by the sunlight. Young willow herb plants peaked from the grass, red as tiny flames, whilst luxuriant green blue bell leaves greedily absorb the sunlight on the light dappled floor, preparing for their display of fine filigreed blooms.



View from the wood looking south






No comments:

Post a Comment