Monday 11 February 2013

Snow and architecture in Worcestershire.

Worcester Cathedral, with unfortunately sited tree.

Worcester civic hall
 Popped into Worcester for some last minute shopping, as I am going to a wedding soon. Took a photo of the Cathedral, though unfortunately didn't realise had taken photo with overly prominent tree.

The Civic Hall in Worcester is particularly magnificent, and you can get a limited walk around it's similarly ornate interior as they serve tea/coffee/ sandwiches and soup etc inside, and it is just as good quality as the usual coffee places and marginally cheaper.

My favourite building in Worcester is a Tudor building which looks quite out of place between two modern shops. I rather wish it was a coffee shop as I think the coloured light coming in from the heavy and intricately ornate stained glass windows, and I would love to drink a hot cup of tea and just sit in the coloured light.
Tudor phone store
That I managed to get into Worcester at all is all thanks to the grit spreaders. Although the snow is mostly gone from the city Malvern looks quite Narnian again.
Malvern

No comments:

Post a Comment