Wednesday 6 February 2013

Old Hills, Callow End, near Malvern, Worcestershire

Old Hills entrance sign

 Today is just beautiful, and not too chilly. I decided to walk on the, "Old Hill's" who's name makes them sound like more of a challenge than they are. If hill's were boobs then the Old Hill's wouldn't even need a training bra yet.

The woods there however are criss-crossed by a myriad of narrow paths for walkers and wider paths where often there are horses being taken out for exercise.

It is the perfect place for a gentle walk
 and picnic in the summer, though they are
 rather muddy under foot at the moment. 

The skies today were full of scurrying clouds, of slightly pink, pristine white and palest grey. The blue behind was so clear. At the far side of the hill you have the most wonderful distance views across towards the Malvern Hill's, my pictures don't capture the hills majesty, but I did my best. 


Malvern Hill as viewed from Old Hills



There were also horses who had been put out and left for the day, and some fabulous trees. I have included pictures of the horse I thought looked the sweetest, and the tree I liked most




A rather lovely tree

If you look carefully you should spot, two horses with riders and a lady walking three dogs

No comments:

Post a Comment