Wednesday 20 February 2013

Ledbury, Herefordshire

One of the narrow Tudor side streets

17th Century Market House
 Ledbury is a delightful market town, on the Herefordshire side of the Hereford/Worcester border. Much of it's architecture is Tudor, There is a museum on Butchers lane, and there is a 26th Century Painted Room in Church Lane and a 27th Century Market House on the High Street. These are open to the public, (free of charge) weekdays 11-4 during the summer months, and 2-5 on Sundays and Bank Holidays during the summer.
Ledbury library and clock tower

The Tinsmiths shop

Shanti-shanti and Hus and Hem

Hus and Hem
















The area's architecture hasn't stood still, as the Tinsmiths shop in particular demonstrates. A fascinating building looking rather like a metal clad recumbent Stegasaurus.


My two favourite stores however are right next to one another. Shanti-shanti sells an eclectic mix Moroccan lights/ incense/ jewellery and a hundred things you never knew you needed. Hus and Hem in contrast sells Scandinavian textiles/ candles/ home ware and fancy goods. 

After spending rather more than I meant to on absolutely vital things I never realised I needed I went to Ice Bytes, the Internet cafe for coffee/ ice cream and cake.

Today was a rather dull looking day but I think I made the mo of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment