Sunday 30 June 2013

Peony

 I adore peonies. The flowers are just so over the top, huge bowl bushy pom pom flowers with the sweetest gentle floral perfume. I have about twenty different types in my garden, but most are either white, pink or red. I know what they are all called when I see them in the garden as I can remember where I planted them, but as they are so similar looking I may make labelling errors. This year one I grew from seed having crossed two of my other varieties has flowered for the first time, so it is a world exclusive. It has a rather bedragled open bowl form and is rather Barbie pink in colour. If it were to have a name and if no-one is already using this name, I would like to call it "Lovely".
Shirley Temple
Salome


My own hybrid
Shirley Temple once fully open




Bowl of beauty
Sarah Berghause




Alba


Salome again
My hybrid again

No comments:

Post a Comment