Tuesday 23 July 2013

Beautiful moth, Malvern, Worcestershire.

My garden is full of fabulous butterflies, peacock, admiral, orange tips, cabbage white and loads I don't know the name of. Unfortunately they flit around from flower to flower or dance in the air spinning around each other like the DNA helix. This constant movement makes them impossible to photograph. I have spent many hours attempting to sneak up on one or patiently sitting next to the flowers which a few moments before I sat down had been covered in butterflies, waiting for them to return. So far all this effort has been with out success. Which is why I love this moth so much. Not only is it rather stunning compared to the common brown moths, and the markings on its wings look so like love hearts, but it spent all day sitting on my honeysuckle having a snooze. Unfortunately I have no idea the name of the variety, but a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. If you know its's name or have any tips on photographing butterflies please I would love to know.



No comments:

Post a Comment